The most important 5 programming languages that are frequently used to design web applications, to access web applications in their final form and start their work, this requires the use of a programming language.
What are the programming languages
Programming languages vary according to the purpose for which they are used, but we can define programming languages in a simplified way, they are just a set of special instructions that are written to be executed by the programmer through the computer.
The most important 5 programming languages that are frequently used to design web applications
Getting acquainted with the programming languages that are frequently used to design web applications, it is necessary to talk about the characteristics of these languages and their advantages and disadvantages, and this is what you will find in the following context:
Types of programming languages
The types of programming languages used in the design of web applications are among the high-level languages only, and do not use low-level languages, as they are modern applications that require lightness and speed, and all of them are also languages with a dimension of safety and privacy, and they are divided into 5 types:
HTML, PHP, JAVA, CSS, XML
In the following, we will review together the characteristics of each language in detail.
JAVA programming language
It was invented by James Gosling in 1991 and has been developed over the years to become the number one programming language in use as a programming language frequently used to design web applications, but that was before the advent of the Python language.
It is a strong language in its algorithm and gives applications with high operational efficiency, and it works on all popular operating systems, and the following are its advantages and disadvantages.
Features of the Java language
- It is suitable for many application structures such as games, smartphone applications, office applications, and more.
- It works on all popular operating systems (Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Unix, Android).
- Most computers around the world are programmed on JAVA, being the modern language that emerged strongly in this early age.
- Easy to use but requires some techniques to learn.
- Its applications are fast performing and responsive.
- It has a high security immunity from cyber attacks, which is why banks are famous for using it in their own web applications.
- JAVA is multitasking as an application can execute more than one command at the same time.
Disadvantages of JAVA
- Applications that use the JAVA programming language are considered to have a relatively large storage size.
- It is true that it is easy, but the Python language is easier and more popular with beginners in programming.
- A little expensive compared to many other programming languages.
- It is difficult to deal with the system for iPhone and large tablets.
It is an abbreviation of Hyper Text Markup Language, and it is primarily specific to web application indexes, and for this reason it is considered a programming language frequently used to design web applications in a complementary rather than essential way.
It performs several tasks, including: creating indexes, linking images and videos, writing texts, adding links, and others, which are specific to identifying tags and classifications for topics on the web.
- Essential in designing web applications as it is indispensable to the tasks you perform.
- Easy to handle and does not require advanced degrees to learn.
- It provides high privacy security output.
- Maintains the quality of photos and videos uploaded to the Sites.
- It is linked to many of the basics of the Google search engine, such as SEO Yost.
It does not fully implement the web application from beginning to end, but rather it is considered a complementary language as mentioned earlier.
It is taken that it maintains privacy but lacks to check links, images and videos before uploading them to the site.
Slow on some tasks such as translation tasks.
A programming language frequently used for designing web applications
It is one of the programming languages specialized in designing web applications, as it contains functions specific to the structure of sites and their sections, as well as contains many options for new registration and login in sites, and through which sites can be taken out completely from start to finish.
- Specialized in designing web applications, which means that its outputs in terms of web applications are of high quality.
- Easy to use, it is widely taught in universities and courses.
- It contains many options of ready-made functions and templates.
- It gives professionalism in the field of web application design, as it is comprehensive on the algorithm and appearance.
- It is concerned with the basics of publishing the contents on the Google search engine.
Disadvantages of PHP
- Knowledge of HTML is required, as it is unable to create indexes and attach images and videos without knowing how to use HTML.
- It lacks security, as the firewall features of the sites are weak compared to other languages such as Python and Java, and this is why sites that were programmed using PHP are often hacked.
- Most of the ready-made templates are not free and require renewed subscription amounts.
It is an abbreviation of Cascading Style Sheet, and it is inherent in the HTML language, as it designs web applications in an attractive way with the integration of elements from content, indexes, etc., and without CSS, the application will be lacking in backgrounds and colors and only white, which is essential for every application.
CSS performs many tasks, including:
- First: Set the editorial specifications of font size and type.
- Second: Determining the spacing of lines in a single paragraph.
- Third: Adjust the margins of the web page.
- Fourth: Controlling the space and size of photos and videos.
- Fifth: Implementing the colors and placing them on the background of the application.
- Sixth: Work on moving the elements within the application.
- CSS Language Features
Disadvantages of CSS
- There may be a compatibility defect with some internet browsers, especially the Google Chrome browser.
- The multipage system often causes confusion and interference with the use of this language.
- A few ready-made templates for designing web applications.
eXtendable Markup Language is an abbreviation for eXtendable Markup Language which stands for Extensible Markup Language.
It is one of the languages that carry a huge storage space, and one of the most famous sites that use the XML language is the Scopus database of refereed scientific journals.
XML language features
- Ample storage space.
- Accept expansion at any time.
- It can link to other applications, especially social networking sites.
- It can publish content with a large number of pages exceeding 1000 pages.
- To understand its main features, know that it is capable of displaying a central library with all its contents.
- Many college students complain that it is difficult to learn XML.
- Knowledge of HTML rules required.
- XML does not support array.
- One of the main problems is excessive file size and redundancy.
- There are no ready-made templates.
Finally, after we have presented a group of The most important 5 programming languages that are frequently used to design web applications, we find that most of them provide internal algorithmic programming and apparent formal programming, as well as varying degrees of quality between them based on the nature of the tasks that they can provide.